Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Sneak peek - Revised version

We had a 3D ultrasound of Ella done today. It was pretty neat to see her little face in something more than grainy grayscale. I have included a couple of the better views. The umbilical cord was in front of her face and she was yawning and mouthing a lot, both of which distorted many of the pictures. In the second one, I swear she looks just like her Uncle Andy, but only time will tell who she resembles. All in all, it was a good experience and I cannot wait to see her in person!
P.S. -- she is breech, so prayers of her turning and staying put prior to delivery are much appreciated. I know that there is time for her to flip, but she really favors being head up, something my bladder and I do not always enjoy.

Sleeping with her hand in front of her face.

So sweet.

Little nose, mouth and chin.

P.S. Since our little angel is curently in a breech position, the nurse ends up running the doppler over Ella's face when she is listening for a heartbeat. Perhaps Ella is not so much sassy as she is uncomfortable with having her face smashed and having a high-pitched noise directed at her ears. I, for one, do not blame her one bit!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

jen- courtney and i were just looking at your blog...we are so excited for little ella to be here! aren't those 4-d pics amazing?? we hope all is well! we love you and can't wait to see you at the rautio christmas party!- stace and court

Jen said...

Hey, ladies! Miss you much, cannot wait to see you and cannot wait for Ella to meet her super-cool aunties who will undoubtedly smother her with love!

kelli said...

Jen, look at that little sweetie. It's amazing how much they do look like that when they come out into the world. I had them with my kids...boy have they improved the technology!!