
Hello, everyone! This is Ella, the upcoming addition to our family. She is due to arrive on or near March 14. This is her 16-week ultrasound picture. What a little cutie! We are very excited to meet her and will be taking the next step of preparation -- decorating her nursery -- right after Christmas.
Of questionable cuteness is this picture of my belly, which has been requested multiple times by my sister-in-law Kim. She is currently gracing the fair city of SanDiego with her presence and has not had the distinct pleasure of seeing my new belly. I aplologize to the rest of you, but here you go, Kim. I have included a picture of how happy I was to be having these wide shots of my growing self taken.
I imagine that it is similar to the face that I will have when I first get accosted by an elderly woman in a grocery store who is looking to handle my stomach. (Please mentally refer to the scene early in Sixteen Candles when Grandma comes in for exploration of Sam's chest area and insert my abdomen) I have thus far avoided that trauma, but have already had people tell me that I look like a mom and, horror or horrors, someone has already asked me if I am sure that I am not having twins. Please remember that I am just 25 weeks and 5 days pregnant. Of course, I am very happy to be expecting and like feeling my little Peanut do her jig at odd times, (such as a particularly serious moment of doing therapy with a distraught individual), but the size comments are a bit much for me at this stage. Perhaps a reminder of what pregnancy hormones are capable of would send them running??
I imagine that it is similar to the face that I will have when I first get accosted by an elderly woman in a grocery store who is looking to handle my stomach. (Please mentally refer to the scene early in Sixteen Candles when Grandma comes in for exploration of Sam's chest area and insert my abdomen) I have thus far avoided that trauma, but have already had people tell me that I look like a mom and, horror or horrors, someone has already asked me if I am sure that I am not having twins. Please remember that I am just 25 weeks and 5 days pregnant. Of course, I am very happy to be expecting and like feeling my little Peanut do her jig at odd times, (such as a particularly serious moment of doing therapy with a distraught individual), but the size comments are a bit much for me at this stage. Perhaps a reminder of what pregnancy hormones are capable of would send them running??



3 comments:
Hey Jen and Ella,
Love your blog, love your belly...happy growing!
ox
Hi Jen and family,
I love the blog and the pictures...they are so so CUTE!!!
Love,
Car
YEAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait. I am so stoked to have the first Francis Princess since my birth take over :) hehehe. DOn't worry Jen, I will teach her all the ins and outs of life :)
Kim
Post a Comment