Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Parenting 101

Scott and I watched Caleb (2 1/2) and Nolan (9 mos.) last night and learned today that we had put the wrong pajamas on the wrong child. Charity thought it was pretty funny that we did not notice the difference between 18mo. pj's and 2T pj's, and it is. Scott said poor Caleb looked like he was wearing a wetsuit, they were so small on him. Mind you, we have seen these exact pajamas on the correct child several times before, but even when Caleb told me I was putting his pajamas on Nolan, I just blew the poor kid off. Hey, no one was injured and we got the kids to sleep so we were pretty proud of ourselves! We'll get the hang of it, Ella, we promise!

In other news, the hints of the 3rd trimester (T-minus 10 days to go) are afoot with feeling a bit overheated, backaches, and fatigue. I have slept 2 1/2 extra hours today already and am cashing in now at 9:15, almost 2 hours early. I am not so much the life of the party and am glad once again to have a couch in my office and a job in which my door is expected to be closed for long periods of time!

3 comments:

val said...

that's pretty funny... but hey, there really isn't THAT much of a difference between 18 mo and 2T... :)

i do remember that 3rd trimester feeling of being tired and uncomfortable. but, take advantage of your couch time now... these days, how i long for a nap!!

Jen said...

Val,
Thanks for the support, but if you would have seen Caleb in those jammies...and Nolan's were like 8 inches too long! Oh well, better luck next time, and I'll be sure to listen to Caleb!

kelli said...

Lesson 1. for parenting: more often than not, the kids are right. They don't have so much clogging up there brain-they think more clearly I think.