*Can anyone please tell me when pregnancy turned into a 10-month affair? I am serious. Does anyone know? I have been suspicious that this was not always the case since many women, when I say I am 7 months pregnant, say, "Only two to go!". If only. "No," I tell them, "three more months", to which they give me a confused look, as if maybe I failed counting in preschool. They have had kids, I think, were they brainwashed to forget that it is longer? Society says 9 months. What gives? I have sought my mother-in-law's wisdom on this... she is a pediatric nurse, she would know. Nope, she says, pregnancy is 36 weeks, not 40. She was shocked to hear of the change. So what happened? When I talk to friends, so many of us were 2 and 3 weeks late. Did they change it for the sanity of the mother-to-be? I was 16 days late, Scott says he was 21 days late (we should have discussed this prior to marriage). Were we in too long, or were we just right after all? I, personally, weighed in at 9 pounds, 8 ounces, so let's hope I was a little overdone.
*Scott just informed me that the Detroit Demolition, a woman's pro football team, is holding tryouts in January. STINK! Many of you know my love for football and my secret desire to tackle people and my dream to be as quick and agile as a wide receiver. I don't suppose they would hold me a spot until, say, next winter?



1 comment:
Even waaaaaay back when I had Noah 9 years ago it was 40 weeks. I do think it's a little lame that they count the two weeks before you were actually pregnant. However, I still prefer to say 9 mos. and will stick by it fiercely. You gotta do something with those extra days in the month.
Post a Comment