Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 3, 2006

The rest of the family

I promise I will not usually write such long posts -- nor will I write two in a day! However, since you have met Ella and I, it seems only right that you would get to meet the rest of the Francis family. For our furry residents, this may well be their only time to shine as they will usually be quite upstaged by Ella.

Scott does not like having his picture taken, hence the old pic with baby Charlie. He is a 4th grade teacher in Troy and is one of the most patient people that I know -- even with me for the most part, and I am a challenge. He loves to grill, as evidenced by the gas, charcoal and smoker grills on our back deck that are used year-round. He is excited to be a Daddy and will be a great one. He is super with Caleb, Nolan and Lauren and is pretty pumped about Ella. She will have him around her finger within 10 seconds of birth -- I cannot wait to witness their relationship.

Simon is our "oldest". He came to live with us in June, 2000. He is certainly the boss of the animal creatures, great and small and even puts Nova in her place. He loves eating grass, talking to birds, eating the Christmas tree, bossing us around, making sure he has enough food and a clean litterbox and sleeping on my head. He will not like Ella because she will make noise.

Charlie is our problem child. He came in June, 2001 as a gift to Simon. Simon wanted a gift reciept. Charlie is intense and extremely loving -- sadly this lovey-ness occurs frequently between the hours of 2 and 4 a.m. and is quickly followed by a game of "Scott and Jen Are Trampolines". He has 6 toes on his front feet and it looks like he has thumbs, which is scary when he opens drawers and cabinets like a little person. He loves laundry (dirty or clean), playing with Simon, climbing things and nuzzling in my hair. (He was sad that I cut it and seems thrilled that it is growing back) He will probably try to sleep with Ella -- then jump on her.

Finally, we have Nova. She has been with us since November, 2005 and will be leaving us soon. Unfortunately, she is fearful of small children -- a fact we learned after we had her for a year and I was pregnant. We love her dearly. She is pure energy and love and enjoys running, frisbee, Scott and I, our food, our spots on the couch and sneaking up the stairs to pounce on whatever poor soul is still sleeping. She also loves Simon and Charlie. Simon hates her and Charlie is not too sure. We will miss her very, very much and know her next family will love her.

No comments: