I was just reading archives of my friend Bekki's blog to see what wisdom I could glean from her pregnancy experience. She wrote about how fruit juice got "Stitch", now Noa, hopping. I decided to try it. Nothing. Well, I did get one kick, which I loosely translate to, "Excuse me, sleeping in here!" I drank more juice. Not a wiggle. Now mind you, she sambas quite well to Fergie's "Get Ready" in the car. I feel her when I get up to pee at all hours and she seems to enjoy stomping on my bladder. I know the kid can move.
Yes, Ella is showing signs of her dear Mom's attitude. This was first evidenced at my last OB appointment. The nurse was finding it difficult to believe that I could feel the baby move at the "early" date of 23 weeks. Whatever. I did not argue the point, and certainly did not point out that I have felt movement since 12 weeks. Anyway, when she put the doppler on my belly, a previously calm Ella kicked it so hard that it jumped! The nurse gave me a wide-eyed look. I probably looked a bit smug. Well, my little Peanut showed that nurse, didn't she? Scott's response to the incident was something to the effect of, "Oh boy, like mother like daughter".
Uh-oh.
Friday, December 8, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Jen,Charity told me that you started a blog, so I thought I would go a-hunting and lo and behold, I found it. Now I can keep up with how you're doing myself, rather than ask the Lemke's all the time.
Sounds like you've got a spunky little gal in there. Those are the best kind.
Kelli,
Glad you found it! Hope to see you soon!
Jen
Post a Comment