Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Attitude: Part 2

Oh, Ella. I had a check-up today. It was the Rhogam/glucose screening/sign up for classes/welcome to the 3rd trimester check-up. As is commonplace, the nurse grabbed the doppler to listen to my girl's heartbeat. Apparently, Ella thought this was a good time to play tag and the doppler was "it". She had the nurse sliming up every part of my abdomen while in hot persuit of a moving target. Once Ella decided enough was enough and stopped moving, she started kicking at the doppler progressively harder until it went away and then she went back to sleep. What a little stinker! Hopefully, this is a sign that she inherited Scott's athletic ablilites along with my "spunk".

3 comments:

kelli said...

Oh, that little stinker. Good luck! I will copy and paste these at a later date when you are blogging about her being up all night or not nursing the way she's supposed to or something.

At least you will be able to say she gave you a little advanced warning.

Jen said...

My main hope at this point is that my Mom said I was very active in the womb, but am very different out here in the world. Although... I did have colic and was manually extracted 16 days late.....

kelli said...

Manually extracted...that just sounds WRONG (and downright painful)!!

I agree with your last blog...there is just no good way to get these little ones out of there. I personally thought that C-sections were the easy way out.