Sunday, October 14, 2007
Messy
Although I knew what I was in for, I got Ella some teething biscuits. It just seemed like a rite of passage -- for me, not her. I remember my youngest brother eating them and becoming a big slimy mess. So I decided to travel that well-worn path, despite warnings from many of you as to the consequences. What I did not expect was Ella's pure joy at gnawing on them! Her face lights up when I hand one to her and she sighs with delight with every attempted bite (not a tooth in sight) until I have to take it away. And in the meantime, she becomes a sticky, slimy, crumby orange mess. I love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
good for you Jen. You're a good mom! I used to let Sam eat his cottage cheese with his hands, simply because he loved the way it oozed between his fingers.
My aunt used to cover her dining table in saran wrap with peanut butter on top and let my brother go to town, playing in it and eating it. I tried it once with Noah...once was enough...even I have limits!
Hmmmmm... saran wrap and peanut butter... I could totally get behind that madness! I have tried letting her play with the food that falls on her tray, but she does not seem too enthused as of yet.
Post a Comment