Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 12, 2007

Frustration

Ugh. Frustration seems to be the order of the day here in the Francis home. Ella is changing and learning and growing. She wants what we have and wants to do what we do, but much to her chagrin, she cannot speak or walk or use a cell phone or eat our food (though she did swipe my graham cracker today with stunning speed and precision). So in her frustration, she shreiks and squeals and cries and yells... a lot. She also laughs and giggles and gurgles, but as I am sure you can imagine, those noises do not grate on my nerves.

Sometimes, it is a really challenge for me to get past the noise and realize the reason for the noise. I end up frustrated and short-tempered and then angry at myself for getting frustrated. I love her so much and want to help her, but have no idea what to do. I'm trying to incorporate simple sign language into our day in hopes that it will help her communicate. I let her explore as much as she is able and love to watch her roll all over the house and discover new things and get all excited. But these things do not seem to be enough. I am not used to this changing little creature who seems to be finding a firey part of her personality.

No comments: