Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Baby love

Oh, how Ella loooooves her babies! She was first exposed to a doll just before she turned 5 months old and it was love at first sight. I was so surprised ... and went and bought her her own doll. Dolly has proven to be a great companion for Ella and has endured being kissed, hugged and puked on.

Yesterday, Ella and I went to the Doll Hospital and Toy Soldier Shop here in town so I could start scoping out Christmas gifts. I knew it was probably a bad idea. She did not seem to care much where she was until we turned the corner into the depths of the doll room. She immediately started smiling and babbling excitedly. So.... we left with Baby, the newest addition to our family. It's amazing what her delight does to me.
True to form, Ella instantly became obsessed with kissing Baby all over the face and sucking on Baby's feet. I have developed a hypothesis that Ella's obsession with feet began in the womb when they were likely all she could see and play with. Whatever the reason, she definitely favors feet above all things.
Here are some more pictures of Ella, Dolly and Baby.
The kiss...
(notice how she is clutching Dolly to her face)
"Hmmm... where are those feet?"
"Mmmmmm, yummy!"
Another kiss...
"More feet! My lucky day!"

No comments: