Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 6, 2007

ick

I thought that moms did not get sick. Really, I did. Well, not as much as "regular" people, anyway. Maybe the magical germ forcefield comes about after actually giving birth. At any rate, I am sick. I have a nasty cold that has landed me ineffective for about two days thus far. I do not like it. Gone are the days of slugging back some Nyquil and calling it a day. All in all, feeling worse so that Ella is okay is worth it, but I wanted to take a minute to whine anyway.

3 comments:

kelli said...

Moms DO get sick...we are usually forced to suck it up and pretend that everything is okay so the household functions at full capacity. Dad's however are somehow allowed to whine and complain and take naps. It's just the way it works.

*disclaimer* this is not a slam on dads. If anything, it's usually a moms born-in desire to create the perfect home...being sick screws up that illusion. So we suffer silently.

Jen said...

I am sure that I am not the first woman in history to want to change this sad trend. I am also sure that I will not be the first to fail, but try, try I will!

kelli said...

Good luck. Hopefully, you will succeed where most women fail!!