Every trimester, I have thought that it was the last trimester for crazy hormonal changes. Every trimester, I have been wrong. Maybe it never ends. Last night, I was panicking because I have to give birth in the near future. Then, I was laughing quite heartily at Scott's stories of the incredible snores that are accompanying my cold. This morning, I was crabby just because I had to wake up. Then, I was really happy for most of the day because I rocked out one of the hardest chapters of my dissertation. Now, I am recovering from tears because I forgot Scott was going over to Ty's to watch a football game. Normally, I would not bat an eyelash at such a thing. My mom just called to have me measure my arm for a sweater she is knitting me -- the whole task simply befuddled me. It took me about 5 minutes and I think I came up with 4 different measurements. It's just my arm, but I could not figure it out. I told her to measure her own arm and I would live with it. I nearly went into a tizzy today when I realized that I don't know how long babies are supposed to sleep at a time, and don't even get me started on bras. This next couple of months will be interesting, so sit back and be ready to be entertained...
P.S. Say a little prayer for Scott. This may be the very reason his Uncle Gary told him to move to Florida for a while.
Monday, January 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
hi jen,
you are hilarious. :) i was actually just commenting to matt tonight that i have felt significantly different/better this past week or so, and i wondered if it was not a coincidence that i just recently stopped nursing sawyer. maybe MY hormones are finally normalizing again (oh sweet relief!) just as yours begin this crazy roller coaster ride... i am not too far removed, though, to be able to sympathize!
Val,
Thanks. These hormones are simply nuts. It is almost funny because it is as if I am outside of myself watching these crazy things occur. It's all a rite of passage, I suppose. Here I go!
that's funny that you added that p.s. to your message after i posted my comment, because i was going to say that maybe i should nudge matt to give scott a call for some moral support... :)
Post a Comment