As I enjoy these summer days with my little family, I am coming to realize that this will be only the fourth fall since I was three years old that I will not return to school! It is starting to sink in and along with it, comes a feeling of freedom!
Because we are here for such a long period of time, and because there were large items to bring to stay at the cottage, we had to borrow one of Scott's parents' mini vans. There is nothing like going on vacation in a loaded up mini van to make one feel like a parent. I felt like I should be popping "Bullfrogs and Butterflies" into the CD player and handing out fruit snacks. I am sure that time will soon be here.
Ella is having a great time. She has mastered rolling back to front and I can already see signs of crawling. She thinks that Scott and I are pretty funny and laughs a lot. And now that she is a big girl of 5 months, she likes to see everything that is going on around her, commentating with grunts, whispers and babbles all the time. I'll save most of the new pictures for later, but here is one from our journey thus far. It was taken at Empire Bluff this afternoon. The Sleeping Bear Dunes are in the background.



No comments:
Post a Comment