Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

More from the road...

It is very nice here in Honor. Well, Ella is currently squealing/complaining about her nap, but otherwise, it is great. I continue to think about random things, which is nice as they are really not directly related to psychological education for once. Here are some of my random thoughts...

Why is it that parents instantly become obsessed with their child's poo? Maybe it is because the hospital makes us record every little poo and pee the wee one makes in those first hours... for us, it is partially because our wee one has such difficulty pooing on her own. But it really does become a point of fascination. I have heard it before, I never understood it and yet here I am, in the midst of it.

How is it that an infant that cannot crawl can find a way to navigate every inch of a crib in the span of one nap? I am continuously amazed at where I find Ella when I peek in on the video monitor. She can roll over, but does not really seem to understand that she can roll places. She just moves somehow.

I have a confession. I am a bit of a Harry Potter fan. I have read all seven books, finishing the final one last night (I told you, vacation is nice!). It was honestly one of the best books that I have read. Not for children, by any means, but fun, fanciful and incredibly creative. Would you have found me at Borders at midnight for a Potter release party? No. Will you ever see me dressed as a Gryffindor, Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw? No, and most certainly not as a Slytherin, either (But Ella may make a cute little Hermione for her first Halloween...). But it was nice to immerse myself in a land of magic for a spell...

Have you ever clicked on the "Next Blog" button at the top of the blogging page? I never had until today, when I noticed that someone from Europe had viewed my blog and I did not know why, other than that he/she had clicked that very button. Well, I did not enjoy what I found. Half of it was in Spanish... not a problem except that I cannot really read Spanish. And then, all of the sudden whilst I was minding my own business, BAM! some nasty, gross blog that I would never frequent in all of my life was on my computer. I think I'll stick to my own little known part of the web from now on. Ick.

And, in case I haven't mentioned, I am NOT going back to school this fall!!!

4 comments:

kelli said...

First of all, how did you know that someone from Europe was at your blog? Is it that map thingy? If so, I am totally signing up for that.

Secondly, I like the next blog thingy. Every once in a while I end up at a place that I don't like, but I just click it again and bam! I'm transported somewhere else...could be China, India or Cleveland. You never know. It's like blogging roulette!

Jen said...

Kelli,
Yeah, it is the mappy thing that tells me where people are that sign on. It is not incredibly specific, but it gives the general idea... you can also display the flags of countries that visit. Maybe I'll try that one.

I kept trying the blogs and every 6 times or so, I found myself at a sleazy dead end. Maybe I'll try another day. It would be really cool except for that.

Jen said...

P.S. The visitor was from Germany... I checked the flag on the Neoworx website.

val said...

i'm not a big fiction reader, but i recently decided to venture into the world of harry potter (book 1) and i love it! i am fascinated by rowling's imagination.

can't wait to see you guys!