Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 10, 2007

The wait is over!

She's here! Ella Meredith Francis was born Wednesday, March 7, 2007, at 12:34 pm, weighing 7 lbs., 15 oz. and measuring 20 inches.

Scott and I are amazed by her. She is so sweet and snuggly. Right now, she sleeps almost all the time, so we rarely get a glimpse of those pretty eyes. She has such dark hair that has just a hint of curl. Other than being a bit jaundiced, she is doing very well. Being a breech baby, she has a nice round head. At first, her feet would spring up next to her head when she was not swaddled, but her legs are laying more flat now and the doctor says her hips look good, which was a concern. I am recovering quickly and am very surprised at how well I feel after a c-section. Scott and I have been lucky to sleep fairly well for the past couple of nights. We will see how all goes now that our new little family is home. Here are some picture of her first three days...

Just minutes old -- Mommy is still being operated on.

The OR nurses decorated her with a gauze bow.


She loves her Daddy!


This is her favorite position to be in -- just like she was in the womb.



Sooooooo sleepy!


Snuggling with Mommy.



Ella's first outfit.

Let's go home!



Ella and Mommy at home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHHHHHHH MY GOSH!!!!! SHE IS SO PRECIOUS!!!!! I can't wait to see her. I need to start showing her the ropes, starting Friday!!!!!!!! YEAHHHH!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!

Anonymous said...

She could not be any more adorable. What a cutie! I can't wait to meet her!
Shannon