And to keep you coming back, here is a pic of the babe...
Thursday, March 22, 2007
24/7
Wow. This mom thing sure is a full-time job, isn't it? I am doing pretty well with the adjustment for the most part, but have to admit that when I really process how dependent Ella is on me, I freak out just a tad. Then I take a deep breath, tell myself to knock it off and go back to auto pilot. At least I am off of my driving restriction and we have some freedom during the day. And I have realized that getting up to feed her in the middle of the night is not the end of the world. It stinks, but is not catastrophic -- as long as I am not working! As long as I am careful to get a little catnap, I can usually make it through the day without too many tears or worries. Scott continues to be a wonderful support and Dad, which is immensely helpful.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I LUVVVVVV HER!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHH, I miss her already!!! KEEP postin pics. MISS ya guys!!!
Thats from me keem
Jen, I was a nanny for FOUR kids (0-4 years old). One of which was autistic. I was responsible for them 12 hours a day, never once did I stop to think that there lives were entrusted to me and that I should probably take that especially seriously. And yet, when Noah was born, I FREAKED out when I realized that we were responsible for this little life. To keep it alive and warm and then to top it off we were responsible for his emotional health...so he didn't turn out to be some psycho ax murderer.
Needless to say...I can relate to feeling of being overwhelmed by the dependency.
However, it's pretty cool when you realize that you can sustain life on your body alone for months and months. I think that was my favorite part of them being babies! It made me feel like a super hero.
Post a Comment