Being a mom is the best thing ever. Really, Ella is the best, and such a gift. Taking care of her and loving her are a priviledge. She is so soft and cute and sweet. Yes, I am all mushy and yes, I realize that there will be changes ahead that dampen the honeymoon spirit a bit. But for now, I will remain with my head in the clouds.
Ella is still sleeping quite a bit, but as she eats more, she has more awake times. Basically, she sleeps all night except for two feedings. She is a very good baby and does not really fuss unless her diaper is changed.
My mom and I gave Ella her her first pseudo-bath today. Really, it was a sponging-off since she cannot be immersed yet and Daddy really needs to be present for the super-slippery real bath.
I know that what you people really want are pictures of Ella, but I'm making you work for it. Just as a side note, Scott and I are doing well. The c-section was amazingly easy and I feel great less than one week later. My restrictions are the same as if I'd had a vaginal delivery, I believe, and the pain meds are slightly better. Other than what my doctor estimates to be water retention in the amount of 10-12 pounds, which makes me feel like a sausage, my body is morphing back to normal Jen-ness. All in all, I am very pleased and none too inclined to look forward to a vaginal delivery in the future.
Okay, here are a couple of new pictures. You've earned it.
Check out those cheeks!
Hangin' with Uncle Josh
With Mommy after the first sort-of bath



3 comments:
I CANT WAIT TILL FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! halla halla halla
Jen, she is so sweet. What a cutie!
I am frustrated because I have been checking your blog for pictures all week, but there weren't any. Then I realized that for whatever reason, my computer was taking me to an old enrty from FEBRUARY. They were there all this time and I had no idea. Computers can be so finicky!
Kelli,
Glad you found the pictures. You guys will have to meet her soon.
Post a Comment