My friends all seem to be writing about the incredible cold on their blogs and I am feeling a little left out. So... I am writing this.
I am not cold. I am 8.72 (approx.) months pregnant. This makes one either warm, crazy, or so distracted by new baby things from each continuous shower that she does not care about the outside temperature. What I am concerned about is taking out my thus unborn child when she is actually on the outside of me and it is this cold. Rather than freezing my ass off like Kelli, contemplating the ice on the inside of the house like Charity, or (thank goodness) braving blizzards like Val, I am planning Ella's outfit for her first outing to the doctor's office. There is added pressure, you see, as my mother-in-law is the head nurse there and I must be competent in dressing her grandchild. So, Ella will likely be wearing every article of clothing she has, accompanied by her microwaveable teddy bear for the not-quite 2 mile drive to Royal Oak Pediatrics. Meanwhile, I, myself am already neglecting my own wardrobe, mindlessly walking outside with my shoes untied (they are really far down there) and no hat on my head. I guess I'm well on my way to new parenthood!
P.S. Nursery is almost to the point where I feel comfortable posting pictures. They're soon coming, Kelli, I promise!
P.P.S. I feel the need to keep you all up to date on the various accomplishments of my pregnant belly. Last night, I managed to ignite one of the burners on our gas stove as I was walking by. Just a little touch of the belly and there it went. Oops! I typically cannot do this as easily when I am actually trying. Thank goodness it was not the one on which I had temporarily rested the potholder. I guess it is never too early to baby proof.
Monday, February 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
hi jen,
we are still alive, though it is STILL snowing and insanely cold outside. the kids don't seem to mind it nearly as much as me, and still have been playing outside every day! all the schools are closed today--finally--it's crazy how much it takes to close school around here.
i remember thinking when i had miriam at the end of february that it was quite a good time to have a baby -- you have a good month of winter left, when you really aren't going out much anyway with having a newborn, and then viola! it's spring! (at least according to the calendar...) come the end of march, there are more and more days to get out and take walks and not have to be so bundled up.
Anthony loves to tease me about how I baby proofed the house in my 7th month of pregnancy. I just didn't know what life with baby was going to be like and I didn't want to take chances that it would be too hard to do it later. So silly!
Also, to make you feel better, I set burners off all the time with my belly and I'm not pregnant.
microwaveable teddy bear?!@#! anyway, she will be perfectly toasty in her little car seat zip up thingy and what a great excuse to just stay home (except those dr. appts of course).
3
Charity,
You'll have to check out the bear. He is pretty neat. He's like those socks with rice in them that you microwave for your neck and he has some soothing herbs in as well. Very cute and snuggly and I may just hijack him from the nursery tonight!
Post a Comment