
In other news, Ella is still in her preferred breech/diagonal & under my rib position. Apparently she is quite comfy. After talking with the doctor today, Scott and I are deciding to forego the version (outside manipulation of the baby) as it is less than 50% effective, involves admission to the hospital, lots of meds, potnetial complications, and what must be quite a bit of discomfort for little Ella. I cannot imagine being smashed around like that, what with no room to move and all of the pressure on her little head and neck. It is a chiropractic nightmare. So we are waiting it out, letting her do what she will. No more headphones and music (which I later realized is asinine, but hey, why not try?). I'll just allow my little peanut to be who she is and do what she will. If she has not turned two weeks from now, we will probably schedule a c-section for the following week. Not the best option, but I'd rather plan than be in labor for 20 hours and then be rushed in. And I am CERTAINLY NOT going to try and deliver breech. No thanks. I am actually quite content with this decision. Something is just telling me not to mess with it. Especially with being so sick lately, if the version does not work, I do not want any further stress on my body. If she is meant to turn, she will do it on her own.



2 comments:
hey, send scott over here with that thing -- all we've got is a measly shovel. at least our driveway is very short.
We hijacked the snowblower from Scott's parents. I think he is hooked, though! Our driveway is mercifully short as well, but I can't help shovel this year!
Post a Comment