Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 8, 2007

On the move -- Part 2

Tonight, our childbirth instructor suggested putting headphones and a flashlight low on my belly to encourage Ella to flip. I don't know if she flipped, but she was jamming -- or freaked out.

The second song that came up -- "Dare You to Move". How fitting. I feel that I have to share the beginning lyrics, though you may know them.

Welcome to the planet
Welcome to existence
Everyone's here
Everyone's here
Everybody's watching you now
Everybody waits for you now
What happens next
What happens next
I dare you to move.....

Pretty crazy, huh? Of all the dozens of songs on my iPod, that one comes up. Well, after "Let's Get It Started" (a little Black Eyed Peas never hurt anyone). I'll keep playing Switchfoot for her, I think.

4 comments:

kelli said...

The mental image of you sitting there with headphones on your belly makes me smile.

Jen said...

They are Noah's old headphones, no less, tucked into my big ol' maternity waistband. Works pretty well, actually, and really gets her going. I hope it isn't scaring her.

kelli said...

huh, I wonder how he would react to this..."hey noah, jen is using your headphones in the wasteband of her pants". I think I'll spare him.

Jen said...

Yeah...probably best not to emotionally scar the poor kid.