Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Yep, more Ella quotes...

Ella has been interesting lately. She gets like this when she is in any kind of growth spurt and right now, it is a learning growth spurt. She is sassy, lookin' for trouble, funny and challenging. Thank goodness for the funny part of all of that. On days like this, I really need a camera crew to capture what is going on around here. Ella is slinging one-liners right and left, Benjamin is tackle-kissing her and they are both hysterical. Love it. So here are a couple of things that I can remember.

Here's one of my recent "favorites":
Ella: (poking my belly with a strange look on her face) "Why is your belly so big?"
Me: (expecting a baby sort of response since she has a stuffed animal "baby" in her pj's EVERY morning) "Why do you think it's so big?"
Ella: "Well... you eat a lot of food." (I made sure to job for the first time in three weeks that afternoon)

This morning:
Ella: "Can Benjamin eat corn?"
Me: "Well, I guess we could try it. If I had some corn, I'd give him a piece to see how he did. Why do you want to know?"
Ella: "Because I like corn and I love Benjamin."

At church today while playing with Ellie and Shay (thank you, Jenni and Nancy!). I had just told Ella we'd be leaving pretty soon...
(squatting down in front of Ellie, who was sitting on the floor with a book) "Ellie, we are going to have a snack and then I have to go home. I love you, I do, but we will need to go home soon".

We have been hooked on Trader Joe's lately. Can you believe that it is about 3 blocks away and we NEVER went there for the first 5 years we lived in Berkley? I know. It's horrible. So we grab dinner from there pretty frequently now instead of ordering from our old standby take-out places. Tonight was artichoke ravioli, spinach feta ravioli, turkey meatballs and Bean So Green veggies. Yum. Anyway, Scott and Ella went to get dinner (It took Ella about 2 minutes to pick up on the fact that she gets a balloon every time we go there) and she had her Webkinz Love Monkey, JoJo with her. "JoJo is coming with us on his first Trader Joe's adventure!" (we neglect to notice that JoJo is pink with pink and purple hearts all over "him")

And here we have The Benjamin Story, as told by Ella. These pictures are in a little brag book that we had laying around. It is one of Ella's favorite things. This is a rough approximation of the story she told today. Enjoy.


Oh, Benjamin. You are so born. You were in Mommy's tummy and you could not get out! But there was a hole and it was just right and now you are borned.


Ooooh. Daddy is holding you and keeping you warm because you are so cold. But Daddy and that blanket keep you niiiiiice and warm.


Oh, Benjamin, you are so cute and you can't get your booger sucker! You can't get it and you are sad and you are taking a nap now.


I love you so much, Benjamin! This is Ella and Ben!


Here you are cold, Benjamin. Mommy says you are mad and you are cold in your puppy towel.

Gotta love it.

No comments: