Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Roller skating!

Today's new adventure was Toddler Skate With Elmo. Ella's admission included a skate rental, lunch and a mini skating lesson. Benjamin's admission allowed him to cruise the rink in the stroller. He was less than thrilled. Once he is sturdier on his feet, we can take a push toy and he can join in the fun, rolling over wobbly skaters. I am looking forward to my many apologies to irritated mothers of tearful toddlers. But I digress...

With it being mid-winter break for the few lucky districts (not Scott's, unfortunately) who still get more than 2 days off, there were a ton of people there. It was manageable, though. Ella was hesitant at first, but by the time she had a little skating lesson, she was ready to "go and ice skate real fast!"

We were invited my my friend, Laura, and I thought that Jenni and Ellie would probably also love an outing. My plan was for all of us to mingle and have fun, but alas, with the large crowd and many small children, it did not work out and there was not much mingling and even less talking. Maybe next time. I have a feeling that the girls would be rather taken with the handsome Henry, and Benjamin would absolutely love Honor's company. Poor guy seemed to feel rather left out. Thankfully, Ella did not notice that her lunch came with Goldfish crackers, so I kept shoving them in Ben's mouth to keep him happy. Yes, my parenting skills are still pretty sharp.

Score another point for Mommy's Winter Fun Fest. Keep the ideas coming, 'cause our house isn't getting any bigger and it isn't getting any warmer outside.






1 comment:

Grandpa Don said...

Ella, your gymnastic class must have helped you on the skates. Looks like you are enjoying it. I forgot to say something last night to you.