Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 12, 2010

Flint Children's Museum

Another week, another museum! Abby was in town for a couple of days, and yesterday was our day to get to hang out with her. Since we were halfway there and Mom had just had eye surgery, we thought it would be a perfect time to try out the Flint Children's Museum. It was easy to get to, a perfect size and had a ton to do -- and Thursday is Dollar Day! So admission was $1 for each person over one year of age instead of $4 (which is a pretty good price in the first place). Thanks, Dad for getting us all in! There was a ton to do and we only scratched the surface of what each exhibit had to offer, so I know we will be going back. Benjamin really loved that he could get down and play with the girls and be in on the fun!

After a very unsuccessful naptime, Dad and I took the girls out sledding. It was fun, but I think I can speak for both Dad and I when I say that sledding in 8 inches of snow without snowpants makes for a very cold experience. Ella was a natural and just wanted to play and play, making up her own games. It was very fun to watch her, and it reminds me that even in the winter, she loves being outside and I need to get her out there more.


Goldilocks princesses in the Fairy Tale playroom.


Princess Abby in the Hansel and Gretel house.


Bus Driver Ben. He LOVED driving the big bus!


His first dress-up time that did not include anything pink -- I think he liked it!


What a cute fire crew!


My new favorite picture of Benjamin.


Grocery shopping!


Hmmmm.... I wonder who taught Ella how to shop?


We had to go to the pizza parlor for a lunch break.


Dancing Queen... the dots on the floor play music when they are stepped on.


Ella loves her crafts. Grandpa helped with valentines.


Horse-riding lesson.


Abby and Grandpa take a spin! Once we made a path, the ride was pretty fast.


Ella's game -- scootching down the hill.


My snow girl.

2 comments:

jenni said...

So fun! I was wondering what that one was like! We'll have to try it out! And I am in LOVE with that picture of Benjamin! One to frame....for sure!

kelli said...

Ben's cheeks are to die for! He's so cute!