Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What??

I have to say, once again, that I am glad that we are not a newly churched family. The things Ella is coming up with since being in Sunday School are baffling and I am glad that we know that she is not being taught the very things that are coming out of her mouth. I know that she is working things out in her little head, but really. It is strange, the things she says. Today was no exception.

We have been having some trouble with manners lately. There are a lot of demands flying about and not a whole lot in the way of "please" and "thank-you". Or if "please" is involved, it sounds something like this, "I want yogurt NOW! ... um, please." And, of course, there is the delightful questioning of why Mommy and Daddy don't always ask nicely. In her mind, it is a double standard. Why does she have to ask us nicely for yogurt when we can simply order her into time out? So, of course, she brings God into it.

"Mom, give me more Lightning McQueen soup!"
"Hmmm... there is plenty more, but I haven't heard any nice words".
"Well," she says with a generous helping of attitude, "that's how God says it".
"What?" Thinking this will be interesting...
"That's what God said... He said, 'Give me my money NOW!'"

What?? I asked her what story that was from because it really did not sound like something God would say. The answer is still a mystery.

Never a dull moment.

No comments: