We finally sort-of decided on a potty for Ella. I hemmed and hawed and went between the big Bjorn and the small Bjorn. I landed on the small because it is one piece and can travel more easily on vacations and trips to babysitters houses. Plus, it was only $10 and I could better justify a pink potty that way.So tonight, when Ella and I got home, I had her show Daddy how she sits on it (fully clothed) and she did so proudly. Then, realizing that she had been chugging on her sippy the whole way home, I thought, what the heck, let's put her on the thing and see what happens. Well, pee is what happened! Unfortunately, my dear darling who had no prior knowledge that she acutually pees was freaked out by the sound of her urine hitting the the potty, scrambled off as fast as she could, wimpered and clung to my legs. I, in an attempt to reframe the experience for her, said, "Ella! You peed on the potty! Yeah, what a big girl!" She shot a wary glance at the offensive device and clung tighter as she peed on the floor. I now have a fear that she will not go near the potty again until she is sixteen. And so it begins...



2 comments:
oh my word....that had me laughing out loud. too cute!
HIllarious!!!
Post a Comment