Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Like a kid again

It's summer! Hooray! I am so excited for this next few months. Partly, this feeling comes from being a mom of a toddler who can do things. She likes her pool, slide and sandbox, the park, stroller rides, her bike, pretty much anything we've thrown at her, she likes. So I am getting out a lot more than I have in recent years. Much of my excitement also stems from this being my first relatively free summer in five years. NO SCHOOL! It has taken almost a year, but I finally feel the freedom. It is wonderful.

And to show that I truly have a kid-like mindset... I was pouting last night because Scott's parents have not opened their pool yet. It is making me crazy. Today's plan was to go to their house after Ella's nap, both of us in our new suits, sunscreen on and new floaties in tow. Grrrr.... When my adult self takes over, I realize that it is not the end of the world and that Doug and Judy have plenty of other things to do. But my innermost self is totally bummed. ) :

No comments: