I heard in passing on the radio today that this is supposedly the happiest day of the year. It is the first day of summer, tomorrow is the longest day of the year and it is a Friday. I guess this is the opposite of the most depressing day of the year, which falls on a Monday in January when we are far enough from Christmas to remember that winter sucks.
Anyway, Ella and I celebrated today with the polar bears, zebras and monkeys at the zoo and we will all cap the evening off with dinner with Todd, Kristy and Brady. Tomorrow, I feel the definite need to celebrate the longest day of the year ... perhaps with the rare adult beverage in hand.
Yeah, summer!
Friday, June 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
that reminds me, i've got some mike's in the fridge that i think i'll go crack open...
celebrating with ya! ;)
Mmmmmm.... yummy!
Post a Comment