We just got back from my parent's house where we had an early Father's Day dinner with my parents and youngest brother. It was a really nice evening and we get to do it again with Scott's family tomorrow night.
As we were unloading the car, Cammy (who got to go with us) was waiting not so patiently for Scott, Ella and I to get moving. She (unleashed... not my idea) noticed a happening party across the street and decided to trot happily over and invite herself. She was apparently quite welcome as a party crasher. The crowd, made up of 20-somethings, loved her. Scott went to retrieve our wayward canine and in under 5 minutes had these conversations (read in a substance-enhanced voice):
Guy 1: Dude, that dog is bad-a**. (b/c kids read over moms' shoulders)
Scott: Um, thanks.
Guy 1: You could make some serious money breeding that dog. Man, whenever you're down on money, just breed that dog.
Scott: Well, she's fixed.
Guy 1 (sorrowful, noting a missed opportunity): Aww, dude.
Guy 2 (with gages in his ears): Dude, how old are you?
Scott: 32
Guy 2: Man, you've got yourself a dog and a house, you probably even got a wife, too.
Scott: Yup, and I've got a kid.
Guy 2 (solemn): Man, I'm 27 and I don't have any of that.
Ahhhh, Berkley. You never know what you'll get.
Scott and I had a chuckle over this, but really, it makes me think of how many of us take for granted that we have people to love who love us back, nice homes and even pets. It seemed timely -- and odd.
As we were unloading the car, Cammy (who got to go with us) was waiting not so patiently for Scott, Ella and I to get moving. She (unleashed... not my idea) noticed a happening party across the street and decided to trot happily over and invite herself. She was apparently quite welcome as a party crasher. The crowd, made up of 20-somethings, loved her. Scott went to retrieve our wayward canine and in under 5 minutes had these conversations (read in a substance-enhanced voice):
Guy 1: Dude, that dog is bad-a**. (b/c kids read over moms' shoulders)
Scott: Um, thanks.
Guy 1: You could make some serious money breeding that dog. Man, whenever you're down on money, just breed that dog.
Scott: Well, she's fixed.
Guy 1 (sorrowful, noting a missed opportunity): Aww, dude.
Guy 2 (with gages in his ears): Dude, how old are you?
Scott: 32
Guy 2: Man, you've got yourself a dog and a house, you probably even got a wife, too.
Scott: Yup, and I've got a kid.
Guy 2 (solemn): Man, I'm 27 and I don't have any of that.
Ahhhh, Berkley. You never know what you'll get.
Scott and I had a chuckle over this, but really, it makes me think of how many of us take for granted that we have people to love who love us back, nice homes and even pets. It seemed timely -- and odd.




2 comments:
Oh they just look like such good buddies. Too cute!
I have some books here to send to Scott for winning my giveaway. I have them right on my desk ready to mail, but alas, no address to mail them too. email me-kelli@camptrak.com
That is absolutely hilarious! I can just picture it.
Post a Comment