
Ella is 8 weeks old today. It seems like forever ago that Scott and I were driving to Beaumont, getting ready for the c-section, hearing her first cries and holding her for the first time. She is an amazing little person and I love her very much. This is quite simply the most happy time of my life.
Her 2 month check up was today. She has jumped from 50th percentiles of height and weight to 75th percentile of each. I am quite convinced that this happened mostly within the last week. She has grown 3 inches and gained 2 1/2 pounds since she was born (she lost quite a bit in the first week and has gained over 3 pounds since she was a week old!). She is growing like a cute little weed.
She put on quite a show at the doctor's office today, peeing all over Grandma Francis when she was weighed, and screaming her head off for about 5 minutes before Grandma came in to give her her immunizations. She had not eaten in a whole hour -- what a crisis! I think that all three of us were a little traumatized after the ordeal and it will be interesting to see if Grandma continues administering the shots herself. She said she did it because she wants to make sure it is done right, but looked a little shaken after Ella turned purple from screaming so hard. We now have a fussy, sore little baby on our hands. Poor thing. She and Daddy are currently cashed out on the couch, their favorite nightime tradition.
I am also proud to say that Ella is now grasping at objects (usually my shirt and she is heading for the hair), she is starting to decide that sleeping on her side is pretty cool, is "talking" up a storm, smiling quite a bit, holding her head up like a champ and gaining control of that melon, locating sounds and tracking from across the room. She likes to be read to, loves to be outside (but does not like her sunhat), loves kisses from Mommy and Daddy and seems to be weaning herself a bit from the pacifier. What can I say? She is perfect!



No comments:
Post a Comment