Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 1, 2007

Happenings

Not much has been happening here... well, actually a ton has been happening, but not much of it is that newsworthy. As many of you know, caring for an infant is all-consuming at times. And I am still working on that stinking dissertation and trying to maintain a household. So yes, it is busy. Once again, I am SO thankful for Scott. We seem to have naturally found a way to balance things thus far. It is a good partnership.

Today began what Scott has referred to as a "battle of the wills" between Ella and I. This battle surrounds the Baby Bjorn. The first two times I put her in it, she HATED it! Of course, I chose stupid times to try it, but I was excited! The second time, she was so scarred (Scott's word) that she screamed and was otherwise pissed for about 15 minutes afterward. Oops. But today, I used trickery and she was in and we were walking before she could protest too loudly. She whimpered a bit in annoyance on the walk, but it all worked out. Surely, she will love it and I can take her to the zoo in it, right? So the battle begins and we see where Daddy's temperamental influences end and Mommy's begin in our typically placid little girl.

Don't you love genius moments of parenting like this one: Ella needed her diaper changed. She does not like having her diaper changed. It was a particularly slimy one that needed a bit of cleaning up. During said diaper change, she spit up all over (a favorite move of hers) and in that split second between diapers, she peed all over everything. Ugh. So I got her, already squirming and grunting in protest, to a place that I thought was pee-free and wrangled her into a diaper, onesie and gown. (She really hates getting into the gowns as I have yet to find a smooth way to get one on her.) I picked her up and lo and behold, there was a trail of pee all over the back of her. STINK! So I stripped her down and handed her, a clean onesie and clean gown to Scott to deal with as I cleaned up the changing table. That was at least 20 minutes ago and she is still letting us know that she was greatly inconvenienced. She kills me.

In other news, Ella now possesses a pair of blue jeans. They are huge even though they are 0-3 months, but they are way cute. Boot cut and all. They make her look like Ed Grimley because they ride up so high, but they'll fit before we know it. We have also purchased the Easter dress, which will debut later this week. Of course, it is supposed to be about 40 degrees on Easter, so no one may actually get to see the dress in its entirety, unless we want to show off her freezing, purple legs. Here are a couple of pics of Ella rockin' the jeans, and an extra since you are such a faithful reader.

Rock on.


Lookin' like Daddy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Scott and Jen,

Your little girl is so beautiful! We can't wait to actually meet her one of these months. Maybe she can come meet our little boy when he comes out in August.

Ryan and Jen P.

Jen said...

Congratulations!!! You two have the funniest way of letting your news out.... at least you are more straightforward than Ryan! We cannot wait to meet the new little Pazdur.