Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 23, 2007

First day back

Well, Ella and I have survived my first day back at work. It was a long day that began with Ella deciding to wake up and hang out at 4 am. She has never done this before, of course. Thankfully, Scott noticed my semi-silent distress and got up extra early at 4:30 with her so I could get some sleep (I had had about 2 1/2 hours to that point).

Mondays will be Ella's day with my parents. They live about 10 minutes from my office, so it is pretty convenient. Since I only had patients at 2 and 6, I was able to go see Ella in between and nurse her and reassure her that I do, in fact, still exist. She only had one screaming fit, knocked out 1 1/2 bottles, had a long conversation with a teddy bear and snuggled with Grandma and Grandpa. I actually enjoyed some predictability and structure in my day. Luckily, I am basically my own boss, so a 7 week maternity leave is not as traumatic as it may seem.

Tomorrow, we sleep.

No comments: