Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Passing the time...

Ella and I went to the zoo today.  The animals were very active and we had a really nice time.  I really felt like I accomplished something to be 9 months pregnant and walk about 2 miles or so.  Normally, that is not a big deal, but with how much time I've spent in bed this pregnancy, it's something!

Tonight, Scott took Ella to a friends' house to play for a while and I started packing our bags for the big event.  Since we don't know what will happen with Ella, I wanted to have things ready to grab and go for whomever is in charge of her.  Scott's class gave him a surprise shower today and one of the gifts was a large bag of things for Ella, including a MagnaDoodle, Crayola Color Wonder markers and paper and other such things.  They were whisked away and into the overnight bag before she really noticed what they were.  

My bag will take longer.  I have to wash and sterilize the manual pump and pull together what I think I'll need.  Snacks will clearly be purchased a little later on.  It is making things a little more real to be packing up.  

The big goal for this next week and a half is to finish Benjamin's room.  It has been a slow process, but we are getting there.  The biggest issues now are selling/getting rid of the computer desk and chair and perhaps getting Ella's "new" dresser painted.  Once the desk is out and the dresser is taken care of, furniture can be swapped, clothes can be organized and washed and decorations finished.  That will not take very long.

Monday marks 36 weeks... just about a month to go!

No comments: