Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

April baby?

It looks like I may very well be moving up the date of my c-section.  At my 36-week appointment today, the doctor showed concern once again about Benjamin's size.  He strongly recommended that I have the final optional ultrasound next week -- which I was going to request anyway -- and said he fears that Benjamin is significantly larger than Ella was (she was 7lbs. 15oz. at 39 wks).  His recommendation is to move my "this is as long as I can take it" c-section up a full week and have Benjamin early.  

This comes from the doctor that I absolutely trust the most on the staff at my OB's office... the one that I schedule with when I have my toughest questions because he has experience and gives straightforward answers.  So if he is strongly recommending this and I have heard more than once in the past that Benjamin is large, I will likely go ahead and just move the appointment since the day we would want is just 3 weeks from today.

No comments: