Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Late pregnancy craziness

I feel like I am slowly losing my mind.  Each day, I feel less and less like myself.  I am short-tempered, my memory stinks, I am always ready to lie down and sleep, and tonight, I started to pour minestrone soup on dinner plates.. I actually thought they were bowls.  Let's not forget when I had to leave the room last week because I just knew I was about to burst into tears during Biggest Loser.  And heaven help me if I drop something... which is frequently.  There is an apple between the end table and the couch right now that, between the largeness of my tummy and my poor memory, may be there until it rots and I remember to ask Scott or Ella to get it for me.

I am SO self-conscious about my size.  I am not a small person to begin with and have not even gained 20 pounds, but it is getting to me.  Every woman who is pregnant or has been knows that very few people can refrain from commenting on the size of a pregnant belly... even if that comment is a loooong stare (much less a bunch of tween girls stuffing balloons up their shirts and strutting around in front of my house... yes, it happened and I sobbed).  A co-worker who has not seen me in a while told me yesterday that I look like I am about to go into labor.  When I told her about 6 more weeks, her eyes nearly popped out of her head and I almost cried.  The rational part of my brain tells me that I am guilty of doing the same thing multiple times in my life, that it does not matter, and that my belly is not really that big.  But my hormones have me nuts.

And to add to the belly issues, I vacillate between wishing I could hide my stomach because I am so mortified at the mere presence of it, feeling pretty okay, feeling as if an alien has invaded my body, and trying to bond with Benjamin.  

So there you have it, folks.  My neurosis is out there.  One way or another, this kid will emerge by the morning of May 6, so an end is in sight.  Let's hope that I don't lose my sanity or cause those around me to lose theirs by that time.

And now I am laughing my hiney off at a Heineken commercial.... help!

3 comments:

Jen said...

At least you have an end in sight! :) Today as I was walking in to church someone asked me when the baby was due! Umm... 10 weeks ago. All good laughs.

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen said...

WHAT?!?!?! That is out of control. Did you have Rose with you, too? ugh...