Today is the first time that I have noticed Ella really trying to say a word that I have said. She has said, "mama", "dada" (her favorite), and I think she has said, "Dora", but I choose to skate over that one. All of those are cool, but today I was playing with her and brushing her hair, she was "brushing" mine, and we were taking turns brushing her doll's hair. I kept saying, "Ooooh, pretty!" and she started saying something that resembled "priiiey". Surely it was just a coincidence, I thought. But tonight as I was changing her for bed, she was holding a little teddy bear (compliments of Auntie Barbara Y. -- hollla!) and I told her it was a nice bear, to which she responded, "bear". Then "bear, bear, bear, bear". I asked Scott if it was officially a word at that point, or if we had to wait until tomorrow morning to see if she remembered. We had no idea. He brought up the Dora thing and again, I skated right by it. I simply cannot let my daughter's first word be the name of a cartoon character. But I digress. I gave Ella her bottle, and as I was putting her down, the second the bottle came out of her mouth, "Bear, bear, bear" as she hugged her little friend. And through the monitor I hear, "bear, bear, bear".
This was my repetitive and long-winded way of saying that Ella has said her first word. I couldn't be more thrilled.
Saturday, February 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
So fun! It certainly is her first word, even if she doesn't say it again for a while. Kids are funny like that
First thing this morning, I opened her door and she held the bear up to me and was saying, "bear, bear, bear". It was so cute! And yes, it is funny how kids will reach a milestone and then just seem to forget it for a while.
How cool! What a great first word. And the fun will just continue!
Post a Comment