Friday, February 22, 2008
A case for #2
We went out for a family breakfast this morning and Ella sure thought she was belle of the ball. She was waving at everyone, smiling, completely distracted and seemed quite upset that the other people in the restaurant dared have conversations, attend to their meals and otherwise not pay attention to her. Yes, I am aware that she is only a year old (almost), and that it is completely normal for young children to be, let's say, egocentric (sounds better than self-centered). However, (if any of you is an only child, I apologize) we are beginning to see how used to being in the spotlight our little diva is. She is our first child, the first grandchild on both sides and the first girl in about 23 years on Scott's side, and is super cute so she has tons of attention wherever she goes. Having a sibling someday will crumble her little world, but it probably needs some re-construction anyway, 'cause heaven help her, the world kind of does revolve around her at this point.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Henry did the exact same thing around turning one. He would stare down people if they didn't pay attention to him! (he is also an only, first child, and grandchild on both sides).
He is getting over it - well, kinda - now he just asks whoever is walking by him in a restaurant for fries (with his finger pointed for emphasis).
Hmmm. #2....
It's funny, Anthony and I were just talking about an article that he read about a guy who was trying to decide whether or not to have another, so he did a bunch of research by interviewing people and such and his findings were suprising. I won't bore you with details if you don't want 'em, but my point is...I think there are lots of reasons to have two.
Laura,
Henry kills me with the fries obsession!
Kelli,
Sounds like an interesting article. I would actually like to know more about it.
Post a Comment