Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 15, 2008

Fish are friends, not food (yet)

We (I) bought Ella (myself) an aquarium today. It is just a little 3 gallon tank that will fit nicely on the bookshelf in her room. When she and I were at the store to get it this morning, Ella was wanting to kiss the goldfish, which I think is a good sign that she will like having one as a pet. Let's all hope said pet remains in his wet quarters. We are leaving for Chicago tonight, so I'll likely wait until next week to set it up and then her new goldfish friend will move in shortly before her birthday. Maybe it will help her grasp the concept of the polar bear exhibit at the zoo a little better, too. I have a feeling she will be wanting to kiss a lot of strange and furry creatures once the weather is warm and we are at the zoo every week!

3 comments:

Laura said...

That's a great idea! Henry loves our fish tank. Apparently I loved my fish when I was a toddler too! My mom tells this story of walking into our family room where she had left me to enjoy Sesame Street only to find me holding the goldfish in my hand. I stated simply, that I wanted to pet it. : )

Jen said...

Yeah, I have a feeling that may happen. Did the fish make it?

Laura said...

Yeah - Ernie and Bert were both just fine!