Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 1, 2010

The bunny house

I just had to post this for the record. Long before Ella decided that she wanted a dollhouse for Christmas, I had decided to make her a little tote-along dollhouse that I had seen here. It was just so cute and it was love at first sight. The directions are not difficult and it was so much fun -- and overwhelming -- to choose the fabrics. Since I am from the fake-it-'til-you-make-it school of sewing, there were a few minor setbacks, but all in all, things went well. I really want to make another one, but am not entirely sure what I'd do with it.




We decided to have Ella open it on Christmas Eve so that it didn't get completely lost in the fuss of the next day. She did like it. It has been set aside since then, but it also does not have the bells and whistles of the other dollhouse. I am sure she'll get back to it once life returns to normal.

Ella promptly decided that there should be a party in the house. All of her smallest friends were invited and, as you can see, a great time was had by all. Even Santa is in there, somewhere.

2 comments:

Dad said...

It isn't a surprise that Ella wants a party for all of her friends.

Dad said...

Uncle Andy must have shown Ella how to pack.