Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Best laid plans...

The plan was to keep Benjamin on a strictly breastfed diet for another month or two... until today. I am so tired getting up so many times a night to feed him that I am willing to try and add a few more calories during the day in hopes he'll sleep a bit more. Call me nuts, but four feedings between midnight and 6 am is a bit much at 4 months old. So I grabbed a banana, mashed a bit, added a touch of milk and stuck Ben in the highchair. He was not so sure about it all, but ended up eating... one way or another. The experience was far different from Ella's first solids and I am surprised that their reactions were not opposite.

Again with the signature look of bewilderment.


"Um, Mom, what's going on?"


Banana face.


"I don't know about this strange thing she keeps shoving in my mouth... how do I just get to Mommy?"


"Yeah, I think I could eat... can I just nurse now, please?"

2 comments:

grandpa don said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
grandpa don said...

He's such a big guy so why not provide him with solid foods because he will soon want steak.