Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Little Miss Personality

Today was quite the day with Ella. She was just "on" all day long, from re-enacting last night's flight down Grandma and Grandpa's stairs to Benjamin on the way to church to expressing her feelings -- a whole variety of them -- to just plain cracking us up. Here is a sample:

After church:
Me: "Did you play with Ellie today?"
Ella : "Yeah. I asked her what has been going on."
Me: "Oh, really? What did she say?"
Ella: "Hi."

Various feelings... remember, this is from ONE day and she repeated sad and frustrated several times ... laying on the guilt, I might add:
Ella: "Mommy, I am sad because you were not pushing the stroller."
Me: "Well, Daddy wanted to push it this time, but maybe I'll do it next time."
Ella: "You made me sad, Mommy."

Ella: "I am frustrated and Benjamin is angry."
Me: "Why is that?"
Ella: "It's because of the stove" (she has a new phobia of our stove ... long story)

Scott: (while Ella is watching Veggie Tales) "It's about time to go to bed."
Ella: "But Daddy, it's about to your favorite part! (gasps and covers her mouth) I'm excited!"

Ella: (I cannot remember why): "Mommy, you made me cry!" (Scott made her cry, too)

Story time:
Ella's Sunday school class is starting out the year by learning the days of creation. She had a really cute project today that covered days 5-7. At dinner, she decided to tell us the story.
"Day 5 God Created the fish. Next, ummm.... hmmm... He swimmed and He swimmed and He swimmed! Then on 7, he did rest." Scott and I were in stitches... I was crying, I was laughing so hard. She looks at Scott very seriously and says, "Oh, Daddy, what are we going to do with Mommy?"

Other random quotes:
"I have no idea what you are talking about!"

"Mommy, is Benjamin going to wear blue today, too? That's fantastic!"

"I'm looking out my window and it's dark. Why?"
Scott: (getting worn out by this point): "Because that's what happens."
Ella: "But why does that happen?"

Ella: "I did not say hi to the brown man at the gas station and I made him sad."
Me: "Did Daddy say hi to him?"
Ella: "Yes"
Me: "Then he must have been a nice man. Why didn't you say hi?"
Ella: "I can not tell"

No comments: