Really, she is obsessed about all of his toys. Today, I had him on the playmat and she wedged herself in there with him. Fine. They were both happy and that works for me. But then the seahorse appeared to keep Benjamin happy as I made lunch. Ella "needs" it.
Me: "Maybe we should give Ben all of your toys".
Ella: "Okay".
Me: "Really? Even your farm, your dollies, your kitchen and your ponies?"
Ella: "Yes".
Me: (starting to sweat a bit) "Wow... all of that for a seahorse?"
Ella: (very serious) "Yes".
Me: "Wow, Ben, you are lucky! You get ALL of Ella's toys!"
Ella disappears and I figure she is on to bigger and better things like his Pooh teether, which she insists on getting all grimy and putting in her mouth. She comes back with her somewhat large Little People farm in tow.
Ella: "Here, Ben!"
Disappears. Comes back with a toy frying pan.
Ella: "Here, Ben! (looks at me) The whole kitchen is too heavy".
(oh my) Disappears. Comes back with large, purple plush Dora chair.
Ella: "Here, Ben!"
Now all of these things are in my kitchen, surrounding Benjamin. He is happily chewing on the seahorse and I wonder what I have done.



No comments:
Post a Comment