Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Home improvement

Scott trimmed our evergreen tree and this is the carnage... 2-3 feet deep the whole length of our curb. We have had quite a few passers-by slow waaaaay down to admire his handiwork. I fear we will have woodland creatures living in it by the time the city comes to dispose of it...



... believe it or not, this is what is left of the tree. It is a BIG (ugly) tree. Our neighbor, who has lived here since the 'hood was built says someone once offered $2000 for this tree. It must have looked better then.


Please note the 18" of pine needles that now need a new home. Good times. Those Lily of the Valley plants in the foreground were barely visible under the branches before. As Scott was "trimming" (read: hacking away at large amounts of lumber), he could not be seen as he entered the branches. It was like a big, pokey tee-pee. Wish I had a shot of that and I tell you, if I were 7 years old, I'd have made it a fort in about 3 seconds.

No comments: