So. My mammoth man child had his 3 month checkup today and it turns out that mother's intuition is right once again as I correctly estimated his weight at 18 pounds. Yes, folks (oh, I mean Self), my 3-month-old weighs 18 pounds, 3 ounces. If you are around me, you know that the size of this child never ceases to amaze me. I can't stop mentioning it. Yes, I have noticed this, and I am sorry. He's my baby and I get a little worked up. Oh, and did I mention that he is 2 and a half inches longer than he was 4 weeks ago? Gee whiz... maybe I am, in fact, feeding him half-and-half. You'd think that lugging him around, breast feeding and jogging would be slimming me down a bit. Nope. Now, I can't complain too much since my pregnancy weight is gone, but I am at that pesky spot I was at all last summer as I (thought I was) running my hiney off. Here we are... take 2. At least I am getting in shape... not a different shape so much as I can run a little further each week without nearly passing out. P.S. I gave Ella my old iPod shuffle to listen to as I jog. This was a genius move for about one day. It was novel enough to lower the volume of annoying (oops, did I write that?) questions such as, "Who's in that white car?" (panting) I don't know. "Mommy, who's in that white car?" (panting harder) I'm not sure. "Mooommy.... who's in that car?" (lost patience and barely breathing) A MAN! "Where'd that man goooooo?" (are you kidding me?)
I wanted to buy Ben some new pajamas today, but the sale was not quite up to my standards. So he remains in his 9 month pj's which simply don't look that comfy anymore. I feel sad for him because Ben really loves his jammies. He knows when it is jammy time and gets all excited when I put them on him. (Probably because this immediately precedes his evening meal.) And seriously, does Carter's have to put those huge yellow warning tags on their jammies? WARNING: Make sure your child's pajamas are skin-tight in case they catch fire! Really? Thanks, because as a sleep-deprived mother, I don't have much to worry about at 2 am... and 4 am... and 6 am while I sit and nurse Benjamin, only awake enough to be highly neurotic.
On a happy note... because I am trying really hard to be a more positive person... this month will be lots of fun. We start with a long vacation in Honor. For the first few days, we will be joined by the Atkins family (yeah!) who have a 2-y-o daughter and a 7-month-old son. Then we will go home long enough to make a complete mess of the house and leave again for a few days with the Lemke family and most likely the Issac family. Six kids 5 and under. Good times. Actually, they are all great kids and get along really well... and most of the siblings are too young to fight with each other still, which is an added bonus. After that, we will once again come home and mess the house up and then collect my niece, Abby, from Grand Rapids and bring her here for a few days. My sister-in-law, Amy, will be working at Zondervan for a few weeks as an independent contractor, teaching people how to do the advertising job that Zondervan just stripped her of. Lovely. So she will travel from Wheaton, IL to Grand Rapids for 6-8 weeks to work full-time and my family (and hers) are helping watch Abby. So we will temporarily be a family of 5 with 2 2-y-o girls. More fun times. Then on into September when Scott starts back with teaching and I regretfully end my maternity leave and we perhaps collect Abby for another week or two.
Here we go!



No comments:
Post a Comment