Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Benjamin update

I had my 32 week checkup today.  The doctor said that my belly is measuring 33 weeks, which is what I would be with my original due date.  She thinks Benjamin is head-down, so we are on track for a VBAC as of now.  The final ultrasound that a couple of the docs have mentioned would take place at 38 weeks, which may really be 39 weeks, so I am not sure how helpful that would be anyway.  

The last couple of days have been more uncomfortable for me physically.  The baby is not engaged yet, but it is very, very clear to me whenever I try to bend to pick up one of the many things I drop all day long that there is someone in there.  Thankfully, Ella is usually very willing to help pick things up.  Unfortunately, she cannot pick her own self up.

I am in the process of making preparations to transfer or suspend my caseload for maternity leave, something that became important to get moving on when I started having contractions this week!  I never had those with Ella, so it is a new experience for me.  I will feel much better about everything when I know that all of my patients will know what to do when I have the baby.  Right now, I would still have a lot of work to do if the baby came.

Now we wait.  Scott and I will talk about scheduling a c-section, trying to guess when my breaking point will be with this pregnancy and shooting for shortly before that.  Being induced is not an option for me, so we will probably try to secure a surgery date and time when I go back in 2 weeks, knowing that we can always cancel or change that if we need to.

And finally... the room.  Oh, the baby's room.  It has been our office since we moved here, so we are trying to get moving on getting it changed over.  Unfortunately, I got really sick when Scott was in the midst of painting it.  Until that is finished, we are at a total standstill.  And then until we come up with a dresser for Ella, we are at another standstill.  I am really itching to get things in order.  At least we have diapers now.  As long as we have those, we can make it work if we need to.

No comments: