Ugh. So I work approximately 28 miles from home. This really is not a big deal most days. The drive is actually only about 30 minutes because it primarily consists of Woodward Avenue and I-75. The drive gives me more than ample time to decompress from either a rushed morning of getting Ella and I out the door or a frantic day of seeing patients. My hours are odd, so if I drive during peak traffic times, which is almost never, I am usually against the main flow of it all. Lately, however, there has been a wrench in my smooth commute. Two of the past three days I've worked, I-75 has been taken down to one lane going north. It was either in the afternoon, or today, Saturday morning when I was anticipating an empty road for my little car and I. Let me say this, no matter the day of the week or time of day, it is never a good idea to make I-75 one lane. Never. On Tuesday, it took me an hour and a half to get to work and today would have been longer, had I not jumped ship "immediately" (first exit, 10 minutes) after entering the mess. This is a hideous state of affairs. And the beauty of it? I have hardly seen anyone doing anything for the whole stretch of road. From Square Lake road aaaaalll the way up to M-15, there are two overpasses with people working. So my commute will use more gas between now and mid-December when it is all supposed to end.
Just had to vent a little.
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment