Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Update

So... I guess most of you have heard that I'm pregnant. The word just kept leaking out here and there and before we knew it, we were making announcements pretty early. I'm not even 8 weeks yet, but it seems like it's been an eternity already. This is mostly due to awful morning sickness that lasts all day and had me sick to the point of keeping nothing down for 3 days and ending up in the ER/observation overnight Wednesday to Thursday. I finally ate something other than bread, saltines and water tonight and am hoping to regain my strength because there is a busy week flying down the pipe at me.

This past week, Ella decided to join Mommy in the puking and had a stomach virus that had us at the doctor's office for her on Wednesday, shortly before I checked myself into Beaumont. She now is covered with a rash, which we are assuming is Roseola. She's been pretty good all in all and her roughest day was Wednesday when she clung to me and cried most of the day. Poor kid.

Scott has been great. He took time off of work and has put in overtime watching Ella so I can rest. He has also been very supportive of my going to bed when Ella does at night, so we really haven't seen each other lately. I'm hoping that will change soon. I feel like I'm more married to my pillow than to Scott.

Thanks to everyone who has helped out from watching Ella to lending a supportive ear to giving advice to lending a full stack of Stephenie Meyer books (woot-woot!). I can't wait to feel more like an active participant in life again. Sadly, we have had to cancel plans for our next 5K because I have no energy and have not been able to jog pretty much since the first race. That really ticks me off, but we'll get back to it. The idea of being healthy enough to run right now sounds heavenly... to be able to physically push my body and have it respond with something other than, "You're kidding, right?" would be amazing.

I feel much like one of my OB's said... like I am going down the toilet... meaning that climbing out of this level of not eating and low energy while growing a whole new person feels nearly impossible right now. I have to keep working and have a busting-at-the-seams schedule this week. So... this pregnancy is welcome, but the unforseen complications so far... not so much. Please pray that I can regain my strength and be the wife, mother and therapist that I need to be.

By the way, the baby is doing really well. Apparently all of this eating and drinking stuff is for my comfort. He/she is just fine as long as I am breathing and can get all of the essential nutrients from my body as it is. I may have no bone density at the end of it, but the kid will be just fine. I've already had 3 ultrasounds and things look perfect.

I'll try to be more positive next time....

No comments: