Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Ella hits paydirt

I was fortunate to be out of work in time to go to a Mom2Mom sale with my friend Karen this morning. She is expecting twins in August (yeah!!) and this was her first sale. Then, when I got home, Ella was already up from her nap (boo!), so I looked and found another sale in Fashionable Ferndale that was still going. I loaded up the kid and stroller and we were off. Since we were there at the end, people were getting desperate to unload their goods and Ella's cuteness won her a *free* Amazing Animals train minus panda and monkey bar, plus tiger (raaaar!). (Charity, I TOTALLY could have snapped up a dinosaur that I've been searching for for so long, but I showed amazing restraint!)

So the grand total after the two sales was: 4 pair of shoes (2 Baby Gap and never walked in), 7 outfits, a dress, a skirt and 2 toys. I spent $18.50. Way groovy. Ella, my girly-girl clothes horse is in love with her shoes and "oooh"-ed at her new outfits.

Then, Scott came home with "presents for Ella". Power washing season has started and he did a deck today for a woman who was preparing to have a garage sale. She told him he could just clean this up, take it away and save her the trouble of selling it (the one pictured is on Craig's List for $100):

So Ella is also up one pool and one slide. She has no fear whatsoever of the slide and will go down all by herself. I see pool parties in her future. Caleb, Nolan, Brady, Abby, Lauren, Henry, Elianna (and Isaac and whomever else may come visit...) can come over and live it up! I've been stalking Craig's List all week for something for this kid to play with in the yard. She is constantly moving with nowhere to go. Tomorrow, we set up the sandbox. Yeah for Mommy.

P.S. Mom2Mom sales rock.

No comments: