As we leave April and I turn my calendar to May, I have two choices. I can either groan and brace myself, or I can invite the onslaught of activities with a more positive, inviting attitude. Uncharacteristically, I'm so far leaning toward the latter. Here's the basic rundown:
The month begins tomorrow with a trip to the vet for Cammy and a business meeting for me. No biggie, really.
This weekend is "Boys' Weekend" for Scott and some of his friends. Ella and I will be working on preparations for Karen's baby shower, including a dry run of my rather optimistic cake design.
Next weekend begins with hosting Karen's shower (unconventional Friday night deal -- long story), Matt and Val are in town Saturday night, Sunday is Mother's Day with no set plans yet, but something is in the works.
The following Wednesday, I leave for Chicago with Karen for a 4-day, 32-hour preparation course for the national licensing examination. During that time, I'll see Andy, Amy and Abby for a bit, perhaps have a visit from Scott and Ella (I've never spent a night away from Ella -- why ease into it?), and, well, study with Karen while praying she does not go into preterm labor with the twins. I've never been through labor and have blocked out all I "learned" in birthing class. Back late Sunday night.
The following Thursday, Scott, Ella and I are headed out for Memorial Day weekend and the celebration of our 10-year wedding anniversary (woot-woot!). Back Monday night.
The following Thursday, perhaps Friday morning, it's back to the Windy City for the celebration of Abby's first birthday and her dedication. Back Sunday, enter June and sleep.
Then the next weekend, I assume, is Brady's first birthday party. It will be local, thank goodness.
Perhaps many of you live this way on a regular basis. We do not. This is also Scott's busiest time of year with his power washing business, which can have him working 12-hour days with or without a full day of teaching. I'll actually be missing a good deal of work this next month, which is okay with my boss because she is really super cool about these things -- until she (I) receives a paycheck that is less than desirable and then it's back to it!
So in the event that you don't hear much from me for a few weeks, well, you'll know why.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment