Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 14, 2008

Zoobilant

Yesterday, I was so overcome with cabin fever that I did this to Ella's hair:

Ella-Lou Who


Today, the sun was out, the air was warm and we took full advantage of it! In the morning, we finished stocking her fish tank with guppies and a pleco-type fish. Then we headed to the zoo after her nap. I don't know which one of us was happier! She was bouncing, dancing, smiling and even said, "Hi!" to one unsuspecting zoo worker. Took me by surprise, too. I had no idea she could say that. She got to see polar bears, a seal, lions ("raaar!"), monkeys, frogs (Holla, Lily! We were thinking of you!), and penguins. Oh, and we stalked a peacock. I now feel like I can make it through next weekend -- Easter in Traverse City with a projected temperature of 32 degrees. Sweet. But back to my jubilation, here are some pictures from our quick trip.



Looking at real-live lions! She was a little stunned, I think.


In hot persuit!

Two happy girls jammin' to the Dora soundtrack on the way home!

2 comments:

kelli said...

this post made me really miss those days with my boys. Now, Noah isn't interested in the zoo. It's all about sports, friends and having a bad attitude toward mom. I think I better stop typing, I might cry!

Moral: Enjoy every second, I can't tell you how fast it goes. I know being cooped up my make it seem like forever til she's 10 but savor every interaction 'cause it goes by in a flash!

val said...

i love those last two pictures! they do a great job of capturing the moment.