Kelli just had a couple of nostalgic posts on her blog, one of which prompted me to seek out a picture of this very item and post it here. She claims to never have seen one and it made me gasp in horror. What? Never laid eyes on a plastic charm bracelet? Surely she jests! I drooled over my classmates' necklaces and bracelets, coveting them and dreaming of the day my mom would stop calling them "junk" and realize that they were, in fact, (much like the moonboots she deprived me of) a very important status symbol and highly chic. Alas, I never got my hot little hands on one. I wonder what I will deprive my children of.
I am half temped to go on eBay and purchase one for Ella. I would proudly present it to her at a special time, wrapped carefully in tissue paper, and tell her of the magic that it holds and how I sought it out for her. But she would probably roll her eyes, say, "Thanks, I guess, whatever", once again crushing my dreams.
4 comments:
Thanks for the blast from the past...I remember having the lipstick, the anchor, and the bottle, probably others but there is where my memory fails me. Love it!
Nope, doesn't ring a bell. If it didn't have New Kids On The Block on it, it wasn't important to me.
Oh, this was WAY before NKOTB. We're talking '85-ish, I think. Maybe a smidge earlier even.
really? No clue. Kids in Cali. must have been way too cool for charm bracelets. HA!!
Post a Comment